THE JOHN SNOW



ALPINE RATING: 8 OUT OF 10



39 BROADWICK STREET, SOHO, LONDON, W1F 9QP.
OXFORD CIRCUS, PICCADILLY CIRCUS TUBE.



THEY MUST HAVE A SIGN OUTSIDE.
A SIGN THAT SAID
"FOR TONIGHT ONLY! ELVIS PRESLEY WILL BE PERFORMING WITH DES O'CONNER. RICK WALLER WILL BE HANDING OUT 50 POUND NOTES TO ANYONE WHO ORDERS A PINT OF TADDY".....
THAT'S WHAT IT MUST HAVE SAID. OR SOMETHING TO THAT EFFECT.
THIS PUB WAS PACKED. THIS PUB WAS F**KING RAMMED TO BREAKING POINT.
I SHOULD HAVE TURNED ROUND AND WALKED AWAY. BUT I COULDN'T. HOW COULD I??!!!
YOU WOULDN'T GET A REVIEW. THE THINGS I DO FOR YOU!!!
"WILL YOU BE DRINKING INSIDE OR OUT".... WHAT DO YOU THINK SHERLOCK?




IT'S CRAZY!  EVEN AFTER 'THE GAY KISS'





THIS PUB PACKS 'EM IN. BAD PUBLICITY HAS DONE NOTHING TO DENT THE REPUTATION OF THE JOHN SNOW.




AND I KNOW WHY?
IT'S A WICKED PUB. NAMED AFTER THE MAN WHO SOLVED THE CHOLERA OUTBREAK IN SOHO IN 1854.





IT'S FULL OF HISTORY AND HAS A GREAT LAYOUT! EXCELLENT BAR SERVICE (EVEN WHEN THE QUE IS 10 DEEP)...


THERE ISN'T MUCH MORE TO SAY. IT WAS SO BUSY I COULDN'T GIVE THIS PLACE A PROPER REVIEW.
BUT.....
I'M GOING BACK. YOU BET I AM. WHEN IT'S QUIET.

IT HAS ALL THE CLASSIC DEEP OAK WOODWORK THAT UNCLE SAM LIKES AND OLD SCHOOL WALLPAPER INSIDE. I'M SURE JACK REAGAN MUST HAD A FEW PINTS IN HERE.. THIS WOULD BE HIS SORT OF HANGOUT... "SHUT IT, GRASS"..




OH! AND BEFORE I FORGET!!!!!! IT'S WITHIN SPITTING DISTANCE FROM 2 OTHER SAM SMITH BOOZERS!!!! YES, THAT'S RIGHT. 'THE DUKE OF ARGYLE' AND 'THE GLASSHOUSE STORES' ARE SO CLOSE IT'S UNBELIEVABLE. I WAS ABLE TO VISIT ALL THREE IN UNDER AND HOUR!!!
IT HAS TO GET AN 8 AND IT WAS JUST TOO BUSY. BUT THAT MAY CHANGE AFTER MY NEXT VISIT. THE BEER IS GOOD BY THE WAY. WELL IT WOULD BE. THE PUB IS NAMED AFTER JOHN SNOW. I WONDER IF THE NEWS READER HAS EVER POPPED IN HERE AND SAID  "DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM"....

*THUMBS UP*

TO QUOTE THE GUV'NOR OF CALIFORNIA "I'LL BE BACK"....


No comments:

Post a Comment