YE OLDE SWISS COTTAGE



ALPINE RATING: 8 OUT OF 10



98 FINCHLEY ROAD, LONDON, NW3 5EL
SWISS COTTAGE TUBE







THIS IS MY LOCAL.
THIS IS MY LOCAL AND I LOVE THIS PUB. I LOVE IT TO DEATH. WITH THE PRICE OF BEER RISING, I WON'T BE ABLE TO GO TO THE PUB IN THE FUTURE FULL STOP. BUT WHILE THE SUN IS SHINING, I LOVE THIS PUB AND IT'S MY LOCAL.
THIS WAS THE FIRST SAM SMITHS I EVER WENT TO. I WASN'T A FAN STRAIGHT AWAY OF THEIR BEER. IT WAS 1998 AND I WAS YOUNG. MY TASTES HADN'T MATURED YET. IT WAS ONLY LATER I GOT TO LOVE UNCLE SAM AND HIS AWESOME BREWS.

WHEN DESCRIBING HOW TO GET THERE TO FRIENDS I ALWAYS SAY "IT LOOKS LIKE A CUCKOO CLOCK, AS SOON AS YOU COME OUT OF THE STATION YOU'LL SEE IT"...
THEN THEY SAY "CRIKEY, IT REALLY DOES LOOK LIKE A CUCKOO CLOCK"....


LET ME COMMENCE WITH THE REVIEWS. THESE PICTURES AT THE TOP IS ME AND A COUPLE OF MATES. DEL BOY AND BAZZA OR DERRICK AND BARRY TO THEIR PARENTS.





CHIN CHIN *CLICK*

BUT...
I HAVE TO BE HONEST WITH MY REVIEW. IT GETS 8 OUT OF 10 ALPINES. MOST PEOPLE WOULD GIVE IT THAT. I LOVE THIS PUB, SO I HAVE TO REIGN IT IN. IT HAS ALL THE HALLMARKS OF UNCLE SAMS MANY HOMES.
PICTURES OF HORSES AND DOGS *CHECK*
OLD PUB SIGN OUTSIDE *CHECK*
MEN WITH WEIRD FACIAL HAIR *CHECK*

IT LOOKS LIKE AN OLD LODGE.
I LOVE THAT.
I REALLY DO. 



BUT THERE ARE OTHER ATTRACTIONS ALSO.
IT HAS A POOL HALL. BUT IT'S HIDDEN! SO MOST PEOPLE DON'T KNOW IT'S LOCAL FOR LOCAL PEOPLE! IT HAS A WONDERFUL UPSTAIRS USED FOR PRIVATE PARTIES. LARGE AND SPACIOUS.

THE SERVICE I THINK IS ALWAYS FANTASTIC, OTHER REVIEWS AND CLAIMED NOT SO, BUT I'VE NEVER HAD A PROBLEM. THE TADDY IS ALWAYS LOVELY. THE GARDEN IS FANTASTIC IN SUMMER, DESPITE BEING ON A ROUNDABOUT. IT HAS PLENTY OF SPACE INSIDE AND OUT. 
IT EVEN HAS ITS OWN TUBE STATION EXIT!!!! WHAT OTHER PUB HAS THAT??!!!!!!!!!

THE TOILETS ARE CLEAN AND SMELL FRESH. ALWAYS.
THERE ARE PLENTY OF STRANGE LOCALS TO TALK TO. WHAT A GEM.
INTERESTING WOODWORK OUTSIDE.

I LOVE THIS PLACE AND THAT'S ALL THERE IS TO IT. I CAN'T REALLY REVIEW THIS PUB WITHOUT GUSHING. THANK YOU UNCLE SAM. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU...

No comments:

Post a Comment