THE ORDNANCE ARMS



ALPINE RATING: 8 OUT OF 10




98 ORDNANCE HILL, LONDON, NW8 6PS
ST JOHNS WOOD TUBE






IF THE SWISS IS MY WIFE, THIS WOULD BE MY MISTRESS. THIS GORGEOUS THING IS ONLY 5 MINUTES AWAY FROM THE SWISS (YE OLDE SWISS COTTAGE).
I FIRST ENQUIRED ABOUT THIS PLACE WHILST TALKING  TO A MEMBER OF STAFF AT THE SWISS. IT SEEMED A BIT ODD. I COULDN'T RESIST. I HAD TO HAVE A LOOK.
AS I WALKED THROUGH THE DOORS A FEW NIGHTS LATER I FELT LIKE A THIEF IN THE NIGHT. I ALWAYS DRINK IN THE SWISS, HOW COULD I DEFECT AND GO TO IT'S ANNOYING LITTLE SISTER? WHAT IF SOMEONE FROM THE SWISS SAW ME?!!! TRAITOR!!!
AS IT TURNED OUT..
IT IS THE  BEAUTIFUL OLDER SISTER WITH CLASS, PIZAZZ AND STYLE. WHERE THE SWISS IS OLD SCHOOL, RUFF AND READY, THIS IS POSH AND WELL BRED.
LET'S GET DOWN TO BRASS TAXES.
THERE BEER HERE IS BANG ON. IT'S A LITTLE KNOWN FACT THE STANDARD OF BEER CAN VARY IN DIFFERENT UNCLE SAM HOUSES. I'VE NEVER REALLY FOUND THIS TO BE THE CASE TO BE HONEST. BUT I MUST SAY, THE BEER TASTES GREAT HERE. WHETHER IT'S BECAUSE IT'S SO CLASSY I THINK THAT OR IT ACTUALLY IS, WE'LL NEVER KNOW!!!!



THEY USUALLY HAVE VERY PRETTY YOUNG GIRLS SERVING BEHIND THE BAR, WHICH IS NICE. THE SERVICE IS SOO POLITE! IS THIS A PUB? MAYBE THE QUEEN IN COMING FOR TEA??
 THEY HAVE AN OPEN FIRE ALSO ON COLD DAYS. ON ONE SUCH DAY I PLONKED MY FAT ARSE DOWN BY IT. GOT TOO HOT. ENDED UP BUYING MORE BLOODY BEER.




THE LOCALS ARE FRIENDLY AND LOVE TALKING ABOUT FOOTBALL. PEOPLE COME IN HERE FOR COFFEE. 
MAYBE IT'S BECAUSE IT'S ST JOHNS WOOD, THE SERVICE IS SLIGHTLY ABOVE PARR. CRIKEY. IF YOUR IN THIS NECK OF THE WOOD, POP IN. YOU WON'T REGRET IT.
TRUST ME!
HEEEEELLLOOO ORDNANCE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment